I got out for my first day of training yesterday. Had to get out early on account that it’s still hot here, and the coolest hours are first thing in the morning (even then still in the mid-80’s)…and the Vikings played at 10a! I made my way out with the intention of a 3-3.5 mile run. I figured my body might need a little time adjusting to running outdoors again, so I planned on a short run. As always, the first mile to mile and a half is pretty rough…seems to take my body that long to get into a rhythm, but after that it usually gets a lot easier…and it did. So much so, that I opted to add a little distance and finished out a four mile run for my first day. Ran it in 36:15 (9:04 miles), so my time is still pretty good, and I’m feeling pretty encouraged for my first day of training. I will note that my pace on the first three miles was much faster than the last mile. Going to be a little work on adding distance, but I know if I keep at it and build little by little, I’ll be there in no time.
I am looking to run a 10k or maybe a 10 mile run sometime in November or December, although I’m still trying to decide which race. I figure it will be a good shorter-term goal to keep me on track.
And I found out some great news yesterday…I have two people who are hoping to run the PF Changs also (CB and AA:))! While I tend to run better by myself, it sure is a great motivator to have others to share in the journey. I’m excited for them both…I know they’re in for a very rewarding experience. Hopefully we can get out for some runs together soon!
Goal for Week 1: I may need to run a few of these indoors, but I’m hoping for 15 miles this week. I’d like at least three days of running outdoors, one of which was yesterday.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kick A$$ blog you made Non-mediocre Princess. Run, Cassie... Run!
Do you like the standard yearbook reply for your first comment?
Captain Awesome,
Post a Comment