Monday, November 17, 2008

Behind on my posts...not on my running.

So apparently last week was too busy to update my blog. I’ll do a quick catch up now, and fill you all in better later this week.

I completed the Phoenix 10k last weekend. The run was a real struggle for me, although I do realize I may not have done the best pre-race preparation the day and two before. I’m keeping that in mind for my next 10k in just 10 days. I did forget to hit the stop button on my Garmin when crossing the finish line, but I hit the lap button at 6.22 miles, and was at 53:29 (8:36). The race was a little longer than an actual 10k (I’m not sure if I did a lot of sideways running, or if the course was just off a bit), and I finished it out in 54:27 (8:46s based on 6.22 miles). I asked a couple guys after the race what their gps watches measured the race at, and they said 6.33 miles, so it wasn’t just me:)

I woke up this morning with severe pain behind my left knee. I took yesterday off running, and wasn’t feeling any pain yesterday, so I’m not sure what’s going on. I can’t straighten my leg all the way though, so I’m not happy about it. I’m going to try some continued stretching and see if I can get out for a run this evening. This is a different kind of pain than I’ve ever felt before, so I’m not sure if running will be a really bad thing, or even an option. But I’ll give it a try.

Week 6 Summary: Goal 18 miles, with a 5.75 mile long run. I exceeded my long run with a 6 mile run, and met my miles goal. My pace for the week was 8:46.

Week 7 Goal: My goal for week 7 was 19 miles, with a long run being my 10k (6.22 miles).

Sunday, November 9 10k Summary: I finished the race in 54:27, which was just 2 seconds more than my goal. My Garmin shows me beating my goal for 6.22 miles, with 53:29, 9 seconds faster than my goal pace. That puts me just 2 seconds off 7 mph.

No comments: