Down to just 11 days until the big race! I still have yet to get back out for a run. I decided I didn’t want to push it. I know the best thing for my knee is time to heal. So I’ve sat out for the last 11 days. I’m just champing at the bit to get back at it, but I’m practicing patience.
I had the opportunity to get some good advice from Torrey over the weekend (thank you!). He’s a physical therapist, so I trust his suggestions will be my best bet. I’ll be out purchasing a foam roller to stretch out my IT band later today. He suggested doing that daily. In addition, I’m going to be trying out a different shoe as soon as I finish this race. It’s kind of tough to break in a new pair in a few runs. I’ve been running on Brooks for the past year and a half, and have really liked them. I did recently get a new pair, however, and although they’re the same style, I do notice they fit my foot a little differently. The new shoes could have been the start of my problems. I’m going to run on an older pair through the rest of training and for the race.
I also started a little research into some races after PF Changs. I’ve picked out another 10k to run on February 10th. I’m also considering another half marathon in March. I’m still on the fence, but if I can keep my conditioning going for another two months it could be easy preparation. If my knee bothers me during the PF Changs, it may give me another opportunity for a good half marathon run. We’ll see.
Week 16 Summary: To heal, and to run again. I’ve taken a week and a half off to give my knee the rest it needs.
Week 17 Goal: To run again. I’m hoping to get out for a very short run tomorrow. I’m hoping to build from there, so that by the weekend I can finish out a long run. After that I’ll be running just a few short runs prior to the race in just 11 days.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How is your knee?
Post a Comment