Monday, September 24, 2007

It's finally starting to cool down...just in time for me to start warming up.

I made it through another week…and met my goals again. I’m still waiting for the runs to get easier and am hopeful that will happen in the next week or two. The weather cooled down a lot this week, which makes the whole experience much more enjoyable. In the next couple weeks I’m planning on not adding much to my distance, and instead really focusing on my form. I can tell it’s a little off, causing me to use a lot more energy than if it were correct. It’s hard to know exactly what you’re doing wrong without having someone who knows better telling you. It’s also hard to keep proper form when you’re body is tired.

I’ve been incorporating some cross-training along with keeping up on some weight training. I look forward to getting out for some hiking soon, now that the weather is cooling off. I like to take the dog, and it’s too hot for her…and me…in the dead of summer. It’s such a great way to get exercise and add some variety to training…not to mention the views you get from the top of a mountain.

I also found out this weekend a few more friends are joining in for the half. Melissa and Adam have started training…good luck guys! I also found out Dan is running the half instead of the full this year. I’ll have to hit him up for tips along the way since he seems to be a regular pro at this running! I just think it’s great so many people are committed…it’s such a great way to do something good for your body and mind. I look forward to the party at the finish line. Still 16 weeks to go, so if any of you are considering it, there’s plenty of time to get there! Even starting from zero, I believe anyone could train for it…it just takes a little commitment, lots of consistency, and a fair amount of conviction.

Week 2 Summary: Goal 15 miles, long run 4.25 miles. I completed four runs for a total of 15 miles. I ran my longest run (4.25 miles) in 38:01 (8:57). My average pace for the week was 9:02 miles. I’ve completed a few back to back runs also.

Week 3 Goal: My goal this week is going to be 15.5 miles. I’m going to bump my long run up to 4.5 miles…I anticipate this to be a bit painful, but I want to keep pushing upward each week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job cassie! I am very proud of you! Run for me.