I’ve now made it through my third week of training. Runs are still a challenge, although some more than others. I did figure out that finishing off a pitcher of sangria with Robyn and getting up six and a half hours later and running to my car makes for a very tough run. I may think twice before doing that again, although it’s hard to say no to Tommy Bahama’s soup and sangria!
I spent a lot of time this week sore, partially I’m sure to running three days in a row, and way too many lunges at the gym. I’ll have to plan a little better in the future…it’s hard to run when your glutes are in a knot. There are still 15 weeks left until the half, so I’m confident I have plenty of time for it to all start feeling easier…consistency…that’s what makes all the difference.
It was discussed yesterday during football that a few of us would seek out a 5-10k run sometime in October. I don’t think I’m quite ready for a 10k (6.4 miles), and yet a 5k may not be much of a challenge. I have to do a little research still to find the best option. I’ll keep you posted in case any of you want to join. Maybe a 10k at the end of the month would be a good goal to push me. I’m also considering a run on Thanksgiving (there’s a 10 mile, 10k, and 5k option).
Week 3 Summary: Goal 15.5 miles, 4.5 mile long run. I completed 4 runs for a total of 15.5 miles. My long run was 4.5 miles, which I complete in 40:21 (8:58 miles). This was the first time I ran over 40 minutes since I began training.
Week 4 Goal: My goal this week is once again going to be 15.5 miles. I’m going to aim for a long run of 4.75 miles. I know continuing to push my long run each week is really challenging me, but it’s important. I’m going to have to start adding even more distance to them soon.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment