It’s hard to believe I’ve already completed a third of my training. I still have a long way to go, but I can definitely feel myself improving. I began training this time last year, so I’m confident with the extra six weeks I should be able to meet my goal, and possibly exceed it.
This past week I set out for a long run of 5.25 miles. I did take a gel pack beforehand, and whether it was that, or a placebo effect from it, or both, I easily completed six miles instead. It felt great, and really boosted my confidence that I’ll handle my upcoming 10k without too much difficulty. The 6.22 miles this coming Sunday will be my longest run since I began training, but I’m confident with the added adrenaline you get from a race it should go smoothly. I discovered that a 10k is only 6.22 miles, and not 6.4 (not sure where I got that info previously, probably just made it up). It’s an extra minute and a half or so I won’t have to run! I’m setting my goal for completing the run at 55:59 (9 minute miles). Wish me luck and good weather!
Week 6 Summary: Goal 16.5 miles, 5.25 mile long run. I met my distance goal, and exceeded my long run goal by quite a bit. I completed my long run of six miles in 53:42 (8:57). My overall pace for the week was 8:57.
Week 7 Goal: My goal this week is 17 miles, with a long run of 5.5 miles. Because I exceeded this long run distance last week, I may push my long run again this week. I’ll see how I feel when I set out for the run tomorrow. I don’t want to be too tired for Sunday’s race.
Sunday, October 28th 10k Goal: To complete the 6.22 mile run in 55:59 (9 minute miles).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Cassie! Good luck this weekend, I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment