Monday, November 19, 2007

10k #2...

Training is coming along as I move into the eleventh week. I’m feeling very good about my progress so far. My long runs get easier each week, and it builds my confidence for meeting my goals for the half.

I’m just days away from my second 10k. I will be running the Mesa Mi Amigo Turkey Trot (http://www.raceplaceevents.com/) on Thanksgiving morning. It ought to feel great to get out there and do something active before planting ourselves in front of the tv for football, and filling our bellies with all sorts of goodness. At this point this is the last race I’ll participate in before the half. If I can find another 10k, or possibly a 10 mile run in December, I may opt for one more, but I haven’t seen anything yet.

I’ve also been researching charities for fund raising. I was having some trouble narrowing down my cause, but some recent news seems to have lead me to an obvious choice. I should have some final info next week. I hope you all will take the opportunity to support my running while supporting a good cause.

Being Thanksgiving week, I thought it appropriate to share some of what I’m grateful for. Sometimes when I’m out running, and I’m really struggling to keep going, I think about how lucky I am to be able to do this. To have the ability and the health to be able to get out there week after week is something I realize not everyone has. I think about the people who would give anything to be able to go out for a run and I realize I never want to waste that privilege. It feels really good when you know you are making the most of a gift you are given.

Week 10 Summary: Goal 20 miles, 7 mile long run. I exceeded both my distance and long run goals this past week. I ran a total of 20.5 miles, with a 7.5 mile long. My long run took me more than an hour and five minutes, my first time running more than an hour since I began training.

Week 11 Goal: My goal this week is 22 miles, with a long run of 7.5 miles.

Thursday, November 22 10k Goal: My goal for the race this week is 8:50 miles. My overall time should be 54:58.

Have a safe and fabulous holiday!

1 comment:

Meyer Family said...

Good luck, Cassie, in your run on Turkey day...We'll be thinking of you! Miss you