I’ve now completed nine weeks of training, and have another nine to go. I cannot believe it’s already been more than two months. The race will be here before I know it, and hopefully I’ll be ready! I’m on track with where I hoped to be at this point, and may even be a little ahead of what I expected as far as pace. I am appreciating that the weather is finally starting to cool down so I can do some running in the evenings as well. It’s been a challenge to always squeeze them in first thing in the morning before it gets hot.
Well week 9 proved to be a bit of a challenge. I piled 3 runs in on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to try and get as many miles in as possible before I headed out of town early Thursday morning. I managed 15.5 miles in those three days, and by the Wednesday run my legs were getting pretty tired. My long run on Monday at 6.5 miles was probably the easiest run I had all week, which always feels good. I did squeeze in a run in San Antonio, although I wouldn’t say it was pretty. It was incredibly hot and humid, and I managed to get myself pretty lost. It’s never easy heading out running after a night in which your favorite word is vodka. It was a pretty cool way to get to explore a bit more of the Riverwalk though.
This week I’ll be heading over the one hour mark. Having just got back in town late last night, I’m spending a day or two repairing the weekend’s damage before I attempt the long run. It’s just another 10 days before the Thanksgiving 10k I'm planning to run.
Week 9 Summary: Goal 19 miles, 6.5 mile long run. I met both of my goals, finishing with an average pace for the week of 8:48 miles.
Week 10 Goal: My goal this week is 20 miles, with a long run of 7 miles. My long run should take me over 60 minutes for the first time since I started training.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love to see some pictures! I love and miss you!
Post a Comment