Well this is going to be short and sweet on account of being a very busy week. I’m off to Vegas tomorrow to partake in another Halloween of trouble…it’s my favorite time of year to go:) As such, assuming I won’t be running upon my return on Saturday night (just trying to be realistic), I scheduled just three runs this week. Originally I thought I could pile 4 runs in 5 days, but I know that’s the type of thing that leads me back to my knee injury. I have been feeling knee pain pretty regularly during runs, although it’s different than the IT Band issues, and it doesn’t last more than a mile or two. The pain runs across the top of my knee and it’s affected both knees on different runs. I guess with my history of knee problems it always scares me a bit when there’s the hint of any pain. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s nothing to worry about (and don’t think for a second I’m sensible enough to let it stop me from running).
I completed my long run this morning, and it felt pretty good. I’ve continued pushing my long runs ahead of schedule by a bit, and finished out 5.5 miles. My target long run this week had been 4.75, and that extra three-quarters of a mile makes my 10k in 11 days a little less daunting. I did take a gel pack before my run, and hit the park at 3.5 miles to get some water. I really wonder if it’s the placebo effect, or if the gel really helps so much, but it sure seems to help my legs from getting fatigued.
Have a safe and fabulous Halloween guys!
Week 4 Summary: Goal 16 miles, 4.75 mile long run. I finished out 16 miles on the nose, but exceeded my long run goal with a 5 mile run. My pace thus far in training has been 8:57.
Week 5 Goal: My goal this week is to complete 13.5 miles in three runs. After exceeding my long run goal last week, I was aiming for 5.25 miles this week. I exceeded that with a 5.5 mile run this morning in 48:55 (a pace of 8:54).
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment