Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Running for Grandma...

I’m already slacking a little but for good reason. The last three weeks have been truly unbelievable…I welcomed a new nephew, attended my step-sister’s wedding back in MN, and said good bye to my Grandma Agar…the absolute best grandma ever. Last year I had intended to raise money for the ACS after my grandma was diagnosed. Somehow, I never got around to it. Well this year I’m motivated, and I’m motivated by my loss…and it’s going to require some assistance from you. I’ve lost many family members to cancer, including all four of my grandparents, and so I’ve signed up to be a runner for the American Cancer Society. I know most of you (if not all) have lost someone you love to cancer also, and I’d like to add them to my motivation.

You can support me with your donations on my ACS webpage:
Click here to visit my personal page.

I have been out for some runs since I started training on September 28th, although I’ve had the distractions of everything that has been going on. I returned to AZ yesterday to some cooler weather (if you can call 97 cooler), which I know will assist me in really starting to push myself. I have my first 10k (6.22 mile) in just four and a half weeks, so I really need to get my distance up in a hurry.

I’ll do a better job of posting my goals and results hereafter, so check back often.

Week 1 Summary: I completed three runs for a total of 10.75 miles. My long run was 3.75 miles, my average pace is 8:56.

Week 2 Goal: My goal this week is to complete three runs for 11 miles, with a long run of 4 miles. I was traveling Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of this week for my grandma’s funeral, so I’m cramming all of my runs into four days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will pledge you! I am so sorry about your grandma. I love and miss you so very much! I will talk to you soon!